We often forget the total cost of diarrhea to the patients, nursing staff, dietary, physician and environmental services”
- Personal embarrassment and discomfort to the patient
- Decreased appetite
- Increased use of fecal management devices, moisture barriers and incontinence supplies
- Increased risk of urinary tract infections.
- Increased demands on the nursing staff, physician, and housekeeping
- Increased use of medications
- Loss of skin integrity with risk of skin breakdown and contamination of existing wounds
- Risk of the spread of C. diff throughout the facility as the infection gets on bed linens, floor and toilet
- Average facility stay for patients in acute care diagnosed with C. diff. is 13.2 days- almost three times as long as the average stay of all other patients.
- Estimated cost per C. diff infection of $6,000 to $9,000, with an estimated total cost per year of $1 billion to $1.6 billion.
Banatrol Plus shortens the length of time and severity patients suffer from diarrhea.